Friday, May 18, 2007

No More Grocery Bags


I recently read an article about San Francisco being the first city to ban those plastic shopping bags. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2007/03/28/MNGDROT5QN1.DTL To quote from the article: "Trillion to 5 trillion - Number of nondegradable plastic bags used worldwide annually.
430,000 gallons - Amount of oil needed to produce 100 million nondegradable plastic bags." Yikes!!!

Well it inspired me to ban them from my home. I purchased 5 Envirosax bags. Each 19" x 23" bag rolls up to become a tiny 1" x 4" and fits in the handy 3x5 zip bag. I'll let you know how I like them!

2 comments:

Claire S said...

Okay so you inspired me and I finally used the cloth bags that I have had in my car forever!!!!! The woman behind me said "oh I should do that, too". So now I might have inspired her. Every little bit helps, right?

Anonymous said...

Well written article.