Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lightning Struck Trees


Unfortunately the trees that I blogged about earlier that were struck by lightning have died or are dying.  I thought maybe the bigger ones might survive because we have had enough rain and not a lot of really hot days.  But alas it doesn't look like that will be the case.  The cycle of nature will continue, however, and these trees will provide food for insects and the insects will provide food for the birds; particularly the woodpeckers as the trees start to decompose.

 

We have several different type of woodpeckers who visit our feeders for suet.  They are such beautiful birds and ever so wary; particularly the red-headed Flickers.  When I hear the rattatattat of these woodpeckers it amazes me that something so small can make such a loud noise...particularly in the morning!

 

I'm publishing this post from a web-based word processor program called Zoho Writer.  Pretty cool!

 

No comments: